Sunday, 24 March 2013

Electro Angst Unlimited - Pretending Not to Care

When I look into those eyes
how they cut me down to size
And when you shoot me with that smile
I feel the urge to run a mile
What I'm feeling's really new
last night I woke up with you
What destroyed my self-esteem
was finding it was just a dream

Why hath thou foresaken me?
You've got me running scared
These days I spend all my time
pretending not to care
Ducking every situation
watching what I say
Just to make sure I don't give
this childish game away

Now you're in the danger zone
I'd prefer to be alone
When your body's next to mine
a million volts race down my spine
I wish I could let you know
but I can't even say hello
Let alone explain the real
lovesick impulse that I feel

Why hath thou foresaken me?
You've got me running scared
These days I spend all my time
pretending not to care
Ducking every situation
watching what I say
Just to make sure I don't give
this childish game away

I'll go to their stupid dance
just so I might get the chance
to exchange a second glance
pull myself out of this trance
I just failed to understand
there's a queue to hold your hand
When he kissed you yes my heart
slowly tore itself apart

Why hath thou foresaken me?
You've got me running scared
These days I spend all my time
pretending not to care
Ducking every situation
watching what I say
Just to make sure I don't give
this childish game away

I'm too young to understand what love is
I'm too young to understand what love is
I'm too young to understand what love is
I'm too young to understand what love is

4 comments:

  1. Excellent poem Daz. It takes real talent to write any sort of poetry, and to me that's like real punk poetry. Glad to see your posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words.

    Songs that 'say nothing to me about my life' suck, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job mate! That's really cool, keep it up. I look forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mate - based on a true story and all that...

    ReplyDelete