Friday, 14 October 2011

Cutie Cast a Shadow

There's people I have known
I'd easily have thrown
I didn't, they were simple to forget
While others in my life
were so distantly liked
this Capricorn wished we had never met

Cutie cast a shadow
and not before time now I know
that it doesn't pay to get down off that fence
Cutie cast a shadow
and not before time now I know
that those stupid Greeks, it seems, were talkin' sense

Your ridicule has roots
my god awful shellsuits
but please forgive these choices of attire
You ought not be taught
the lines you've already bought
It just massacres you, destroys your desire

Cutie cast a shadow
and not before time now I know
that it doesn't pay to get down off that fence
Cutie cast a shadow
and not before time now I know
that those stupid Greeks, it seems, were talkin' sense

You're told to assert
just make sure you don't get hurt
then jump the queue and find you're asked to wait
Life with the other sex
leaves you feelin' hexed
It tears your trust up, freeloads on your faith

Cutie cast a shadow
and not before time now I know
that it doesn't pay to get down off that fence
Cutie cast a shadow
and not before time now I know
that those stupid Greeks, it seems, were talkin' sense

Guess these days I know the score
can't be bothered anymore
Ciao, sayonara
Ciao, sayonara

Doubt I'll feel this way again
bite my hand and count to ten
Stroke my tiara
Stroke my tiara

No comments:

Post a Comment