Friday, 2 September 2011

How Many Times?

How many times
must I be pushed away
before I stop coming back?
Will I fight
day after day
til I see I can't take a whack

Anymore
Anymore
Anymore
Anymore

You tell me
it's the fear that beats ya
and I need to take a risk
Well pardon me
but my hideous features
say maybe I've tasted fist

In my face
In my face
In my face
In my face

How many times
must rejection bite
before I stay clear of oestrogen?
At least I know
if I'm out of sight
then I won't get hurt again

Anyway
Anyway
Anyway
Anyway

You tell me
that I'm immature
and I need to grow a pair
But baby
you'd be insecure
if you knew nobody cared

About you
About you
About you
About you

How many times
must I punch that wall
before I run back to my cave?
If I took
another nasty fall
then I don't think I could be saved

Not this time
Not this time
Not this time
Not this time

You tell me
I should get out more
since I'm emotionally constipated
But I can't be
a people whore
I think people are over-rated

By a mile
By a mile
By a mile
By a mile

I'm sick of fools who've had it easy
telling me how to live my life
since you only learn the hard way
what you need to do to survive

How many times?
How many times?
How many times?
How many times?

No comments:

Post a Comment