Friday, 8 July 2011

Electro Angst Unlimited - Trip

You go on like you know it all
like life and death should be your call
and everybody must respect
your style, your guile and intellect
Once yes I was unperturbed
but now we're equally disturbed
as I'm reduced to the point of tears
and realise my darkest fears

Trying to prove myself to you
is a trip with no destination
Trying to say a word, get through
is just pointless perspiration
Making sense of what you do
makes me wish you would just ignore us
Searching every word for clues
like a shrink armed with a thesaurus

God why is that record stuck?
Frankly dear, who gives a fuck?
Please switch off that background noise
that don't amuse, it just annoys
I'm losing the will to live
so much so I'm gonna give
both my ears to someone who
maybe could tolerate you

Trying to prove myself to you
is a trip with no destination
Trying to say a word, get through
is just pointless perspiration
Making sense of what you do
makes me wish you would just ignore us
Searching every word for clues
like a shrink armed with a thesaurus

Take, me, home
Take, me, home

You tell me that I lost my faith
and let my young life go to waste
Talked the language of despair
that of a soul who just don't care
Yes I may be out of joint
But no babe I can't see the point
of carrying on in this game
Badly broken, who's to blame?

Trying to prove myself to you
is a trip with no destination
Trying to say a word, get through
is just pointless perspiration
Making sense of what you do
makes me wish you would just ignore us
Searching every word for clues
like a shrink armed with a thesaurus

Trying to prove myself to you
What's the use, what's the use?
Trying to say a word, get through
What's the use, what's the use?

No comments:

Post a Comment